Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wanted: Photo copier stolen from a Convent

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


"I dont know what she lost first, her mind or the photo copier. We have a really large Ricio copier in the back part of the library. It wasn’t feeling well. The nuns prayed for it, but they had learned prayer and relics alone don’t get the job done. Sometimes, you need the help of a mere human (see the “iCoprse: Convent Tech-Support” post). A repairman was called to intervene. He came at the appointed time.

Repairman: I am here to service the copier, can you show me where it is?

Sister V: It’s missing.

Repairman: Huh?

Sister V: I can’t locate it. You’ll have to come back when we can find it.

Repairman: You lost the photocopier?

Sister V: No, I think it was stolen.

Sister V was distraught. She reported the copier stolen. The sisters searched the convent. I eventually found out about the “theft”, and said, “Uhm, I saw it 30 min ago where it always has been.” The nuns descended on the library. The copier was still broken, and still standing where it had always been. Apparently, Sister V, despite using the copier hundreds of times, thought it was kept in the front of the library, not the back.

No comments: